1. My family- This is a given for me. They are my saving grace, and without them I wouldn't be who I am today.
2. Friends- I have had some really good ones here, I really feel like they have taught me a lot about myself. Especially childhood friends, and present and ex-girfriends.
3. Hot running water- yes I have traveled many places where running water, let alone hot water is not readily available.
4. Food- This was going to be higher up on the list, but i lowered it due to the fact that when it really comes down to it, I am not a picky eater. I just love food. Growing up in California has been a blessing, we truly have some of the best/freshest/most delicious produce and food items on the planet.
5. Safety- I guess not all of California is super safe, but growing up in Nevada County was a gift from above. I mean, we didn't ever have to lock the doors to my house, I could run around freely and not have a care in the world, other than the mean pitbull terrier down the street.
6. Education- While many of us have gripes over our public education system, it's still a whole lot better than most countries. While i'm not the most prepped student, I'd still consider myself very into learning new things, and consider myself extremely fortunate to have a BA in photojournalism.
7. Financial Abundance- While money doesn't equate into happiness, it still is something necessary to our modern existence. Being broke is no fun either. Luckily, my family has never been broke, and I have always had a job and never had issues with money. Currently, the only debt I owe is a few grand for school loans, and that's being put off by the PC, so don't even have to worry about that 'til i get back.
All in all, it's a good life. I mean, getting this kind of opportunity to go and live, learn, teach, and just give is going to be great. I really can't wait any longer.