(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Half-Way through training....

Hey everyone!

It's been a bit since I've posted. Quite the hectic few weeks here. Now that my group has finally adjusted to life in Obukhiv, Peace Corps has decided to turn up the heat a bit... Not quite sure what they've got in store for me, but it sure doesn't look like a walk in the park.

This is good, I mean, not that i'm bored, but with community projects, self directed learning projects and 4 classes a week worth of teaching, I will definately have my work cut out for me. For our community project, my group and I have decided to put on a fundraising "concert" which will basically be a talent show for the schools and the community alike. With the profits we are going to invest into school materials that we will use to create unique English lessons for the schools.

Finally, we will have a seminar for the teachers at the end of the semester showcasing our lesson plans which will be focused on American holidays. I'm pretty excited, I get to put together the fourth of July segment, and I have quite a few ideas up my sleeve on what I want to include in it.

Anyways, life has been good. We had a bunch of PCV's come into our town last weekend for Halloween and it was a lot of fun seeing all the familiar faces for the first time since arrival retreat in Desna about a month ago. Everyone was really enthusiastic about their experiences so far. Additionally, it was really nice to exchange lesson tips and hear what other peoples thoughts on Ukraine were so far. I feel like I lucked out on the town I was put in, considering everyone was really impressed with Obukhiv. Hey, I sure love it, so why shouldn't they, right?

Well, that's enough writing. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks, including a bonfire session with Obukhiv "adin" (1)

Enjoy!


Meet Rocky, Rocky is kind of a Pyro- but we still like him, he made a great fire!
Rocky: AKA Promethius





Real World: Obukhiv







Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment