(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ice Skating!

Hello again!

What a week it's been. I can't even begin to sum up the madness. A lot of projects, lesson plans, and language classes actually sums it up quite simply. This next week should be a bit better, just getting into that groove of teaching finally, and man I am really enjoying it.

I had a tough day today, but hey, I've been waiting for it, it's been pretty smooth sailing up 'til now. A little bout of homesickness hit this morning, and I just wanted a burrito soooo bad from farrolito in SF. I would give anything for a steak burrito, so if anyone can figure out how to send one overnight, I will pay whatever it takes to do so. My family of course was another big factor. Just really wanted a good hug from my little brother tooly, and of course Orian and the rest of the gang. I love them all so much, it's really hard not to see them as I am used to seeing them very often.

Anyways, my day got a whole lot better. My host family took me to Kiev for the day. It was pretty awesome to say the least. This is only my second errr, third time (counting the time I went when I was 4 years old) to Kiev. We went to a shopping mall called "Karavan", which was monstrous, and had an ice-skating rink in it!

I had a bit of McDonalds, which I usually will never eat in the states, but for some reason when I'm over seas love it. It gives me a taste of home. I really don't know why, but it just tastes better out of the states. I think it's some kind of mental factor.

We went Ice-skating and played in a video arcade. I don't think i've ice skated for a few years at least, and it went extremely well. I didn't even fall once. However, my host sister, Leira got run into by some punk teenager kids who were fooling around and she hurt her wrist. Luckily it looks like she only got a minor sprain, but it was an unpleasant way to finish up a quite pleasant afternoon.

Anyways, here are some pics from the afternoon. To all my friends and family: I love and miss you more than ever, you are in my daily thoughts, and furthermore... SEND ME A BURRITO, I WILL GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Love Nitai

Ice Skating rink in "Karavan"

Buying Tickets for Ice Skating


Nitai the ice-skating pro(not really)


Me and host sister Leira (pre-accident)

Me and host parents (Tolik and Luba)


Host Sister Ruslana and her daughter Katya


Daninka keeping our bowling balls safe while we play


Ruslana hanging her head in shame as I whooped her at air hockey


Leira and Katya playing ice hockey


Man, I would totally become a cop if they promised me a smart car...



video

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about McDonald's...There is something mental about it here, it's like being at home, even if you don't eat it much at home. I had it TWICE this weekend! It's good and cheap and makes me feel like I'm home!

    Looks like you had an awesome time ice skating!! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nitai
    I have just stated to follow your blog. I have been invited to teach secondary school English in Ukraine next March. It is fortunate for me that you have just begun your incredible journey becuase it will give me an inside peek at what to expect. Keep blogging with all the details and good luck!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete