(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Monday, January 17, 2011

First week of school- Done!

My first week has come and gone at lightning speed. I'm actually writing this on Monday night, so I've officially started my second week of teaching. Let me just sum it up in one succinct word: Awesome!

I mean, my teaching definately needs some fine-tuning, but my students listen to me, they want to learn, they enjoy class- yes I can tell. Some students are so overzealous, they stand up before I even ask a question, jump up and down holding up their arm in preperation to answer. It's amazing how much I really enjoy this. I feel like i'm learning more than they are about the English language. It's really really good.

I have to go to sleep, but I wanted to just update you all as to my love of life at this point in time. Feeling very independent, very strong, and very optimistic. Oh, and i've been cooking like crazy- so I will leave you with a few shots of my recent creations...

Love and Miss you all!

Eggs and Hashbrowns

Beet Salad (Thanks to my moms friend Marla for this recipe)

Daal ala Ukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment