(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

School starts... Tomorrow!

First of all, let me wish all of you a wonderful and happy new year.

And yes, it's true. All the hard work and the patience and the sickness and everything is going to finally pay off... tomorrow! I'm damn excited to say the least. It's everything i've worked for over the past year. I never thought I would get to this point. It just seemed so elusive looking back on it from a year ago...

Recap of the last year building up to this point:

December 2009- Met Travis Axton, regional interviewer for the bay area at the local farmers market.
Januray 2010- Debating whether or not to turn in my application.
February 2010- Preliminary application turned in
March 2010- Interview with Mr. Axton
April 2nd, 2010- Invitation to begin my application process.
May- July 2010- Medicals, medicals, and more medicals...
August 2010- Invitation to serve.
September 2010- Left for Washington D.C. for staging
October- December 2010- Arrival at training site, lots and lots of training (language/tech.)
End of December-Beginning of January 2011- Lot's of preparation at my site for teaching
January 2011- I FINALLY GET TO TEACH!!!

So as you can see, it has been a year to remember. I really believe 2010 was one of the best years of my life as an adult. I say as an adult, because it's the first year where I was completely out of school. I feel I got a lot of things accomplished internally, externally, and with my family and friends. I feel like I am much more dependable and even keeled than ever, and I like that about myself.

I hope 2010 was as good for all of you as it has been to me. What excites me is that I have so much more to look forward to in 2011, and 2012 for that matter. I am extremely enthusiastic about the future, and I feel like that's how life should be- you should always be energized for what's around the next bend.

Much love and a wonderful happy new year to you all!

Nitai

No comments:

Post a Comment