(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The infamous night

So as you all know, I have been cooking quite a bit now that I have had a few weeks off due to the quarantine. I have tried all sorts of concoctions. Primarily dishes with the primary ingredients that are in season: Beets, Potatoes, Carrots, Cabbage and Garlic. Usually it would involve some kind of chicken soup, beet salad, or something in-between. However, tonight me and my sight-mate, Michael, decided to give something else a shot.

It was a long-shot, but I felt it was a risk worth taking. If you're wondering what it was, read on. I have been craving chinese food now for the past few months (ok, maybe since I got to Ukraine). I have been craving it so bad I have been having dreams about it. I am a sucker for Orange Chicken, and tonight, I conquered the task of making this deliciously greasy meal.

I can't believe it either. It's actually quite easy. Michael and I went to chinese food heaven. It came out textbook style. I can't believe how delicious it was still. I almost want to make it again tomorrow night.

Here's a short photo-story chronicling our endeavors:

Michael about to start frying our breaded chicken

Waiting for the oil to heat up

*Drool*

Whoops- plastic device was a bad choice to use in hot oil

SO WORTH THE WORK- GAH I NEED MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment