(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Monday, November 14, 2011

A success story :)

Ok in reality, it's one of many, but this one is the one i'm most proud of to date. So as you all may know by now, I have been teaching a photo club this past semester for my older students (mostly 10th-11th forms). This past week three of my students entered a photo contest for all the schools in the town, and to my delight, placed in the top three spots!

I couldn't contain my excitement, and had to write a short success story due to the fact that my passion is photography, and seeing my students sweep this contest really gave me a huge boost in the confidence section.

Not only did they win, but this wave of successful projects brought on a whole new wave of enthusiasm for making photo projects. This afternoon everyone was asking about what they could do to make a good project. I feel extremely fortunate for all these opportunities, and can't even explain the gratitude I have for my wonderful counterpart, Dasha, for all the help and support she has given me to catapult my dream into action.

To see my students' work, click here:
 http://armyanskphotography.blogspot.com/2011/11/student-projects.html

Thanks again to National Geographic for the resources and the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment