(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A breathing, walking, talking library?

This past weekend I traveled up to help my good friend and ex-cluster mate, Katie out. In addition to the seminar that we did, it was her birthday, so good times were had all around.

Let me explain a bit about what a "living library" is for all of you that have never heard of it before. It's basically a group of volunteers who each chose a subject, and then act as a "book". Students ask questions about the topic and you explain to the best of your knowledge what you know about it.

My topic was "American Entertainment", so I basically just let students talk my ear off about different topics, which primarily included Twilight, Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. It was a blast though. I got to show them how to use my camera, and what "makes" a good picture. All in all, a very positive experience. It's always nice to meet students from another school and see what they do.

After the seminar on Friday, we partied like rockstars at Katie's sitemates house, Danielle. We had a lot of fun- maybe too much fun, because the last part of the night is a bit of a blur, but all went down smoothly in the end-- maybe except for Danielles apartment. If you're reading this Danielle, I owe you an apartment cleaning and some tacos.

All in all the weekend was a success, and if you don't believe me, check out the pics below!

Katie getting swamped by student presents

Bippity what?

I see Mr. Thumps in there somewhere...

I'm gonna pretend like I don't know what's really going on here...

Cafeteria deluxe

COOKING WITH GINGERS! Nuff said.

God she's spoiled

Yep, i'm a living legend.

So is Michael, but i'm better.

Alison's students look amused.

Ukrainian reps.

Hotties.

Before the shwayze kicked in.

Hit me up sista.

Our mexican lady. One wicked bartender let me add.

Katie getting the royal treatment.

Is there anything on my tongue?

Let me holla holla holla.

What is happening?

BEEEEYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sweet wheels Mike.

Creepy, yet wholesome.

Watch out for Mr. Tuff stuff over here.

The B Team.

Changing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment