(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Euro 2012 in Donetsk

As some of you may know, the Euro 2012 is this month. We are already about two weeks into it, and I was fortunate enough to get two tickets to go up north to the cole-mining town of Donetsk to see two of the games.

The first game I went to was England vs France, the second was Ukraine vs France. They were both really great to see. I have never been to a big international tournament such as this one, so it was a real treat for me, a big football fan to be able to see some of the greatest players on earth duke it out live.
Below are some photos from the games as well as a couple of videos I thought were cool. Enjoy!



Started the week off by making my personal favorite Ukrainian food: "Shashlik" Which are essentially skewers of meat over an open fire. Delicious.

There they are in all their glory :)

Watching Spain play Italy in the Donetsk Fan Zone. Lots of drunk Europeans= great atmosphere!

Getting stoked for the England vs France game!

Heading into Donbass Arena- In my opinion one of the nicest stadiums ever.

Getting a quick shot in before the game.

ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND! Too bad it was a 1-1 draw :(

Video #1: My view of the Ukraine vs France game
Video #2: Ukrainian fans going wild after Ukraine beat Sweden 2-1 in Kiev.


No comments:

Post a Comment