(All opinions and descriptions of life in Ukraine contained herein are mine. I do not, nor am I qualified to,
express the official opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.)

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Time for Thanks

Thanks. It's a strong word. It's stronger than I ever imagined it could be now that i've gone through a process of giving for two years. Thanksgiving. What a concept. Giving thanks for what we have. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for everything i've received in my life in the past two years. I feel so fortunate.

To begin with. My wonderful opportunity to serve in the Peace Corps and experience Ukraine from an insiders perspective. Coming in I knew it wasn't going to be easy, and it hasn't been by any means, but I couldn't have asked for anything else. I feel so thankful for all the interesting individuals i've met, I couldn't have done it without so many of them in my life- My cluster mates from kiev with whom I studied Russian with, my teachers, my counterpart Dasha who I seriously don't think I could have survived without, my students at School 3 in Obukhiv and School 1 Armyansk- Showing such enthusiasm and love for me every day at school. My life here has been happy-go-lucky. I don't know how else to describe it properly in text, all I can say is THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who has ever impacted me in my life while here in PC and back home in the states.

To my parents, I love you both, thanks for giving me life and for guiding me in the right direction in life and always always having patience for me. I love you more than words can express. To my brothers, Orian and Tal I miss you guys so much, and don't know how much I can't wait to reunite with you and spend time with you and see how you've grown. I miss you more than words can express. I am so thankful to have you both in my life, and I learn a lot about life through you guys. Thanks for being so awesome.

To Nastya, my wonderfully beautiful and loving girlfriend. You have been a rock for me, I love you so much and am so thankful to have you in my life. You are so patient and giving and I never have taken you for granted for a second. Thanks for everything you've done for me, and thanks for teaching me about life and how to be stubborn about the things that we want.

Finally, thank you to whatever higher power it is that is keeping me in check. I am not a religious person, but recently i've found power in spirituality and I want to say that I do believe somewhere out in this vast universe something is out there giving me good fortune for my health, experiences and life in general. Thank you to whatever you are and the abundance you've created in my life.

Here are some pictures of my holidays below. I had a pretty low-scale affair considering I got a bit of a cold last week, but now i'm recovered. I had a great time with Dasha and her husband Vanya and my girlfriend Nastya. We had a small dinner at my house (by small I mean we ate half of Armyansk) and then we went to the local sauna and drank tea. It was the perfect evening. I am thankful for Armyansk and what i've been able to achieve here over the past two years both internally and externally.

Miss you all, and most likely i'll be seeing a lot of you in the near future (expect me in the summer back in the US and A).

Lovingly and thankfully,
Nitai

Nastya showing off her pie.

Dasha getting down on some school thanksgiving grubbin' 
Utka s tikvoi- Duck with pumpkin

PIE!

My plate. Duck, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin, salad...  I want more now.

 My 11th form celebrating Turkey Day
Such good food they made!

Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment